Cole Oil purchased Strobel Propane Gas Co, acquiring additional customers in Washington County and surrounding areas. Myron & Becky Strobel sold the company, which was family owned since 1972, upon their retirement.
Cole Oil & Propane celebrates their 100th year in business!
After 25+ years of owning and operating, Cole Oil Company sells Cole’s Brownsville BP & BP Hi-Way Hop.
Cole Oil Company purchased Dual Gas, acquiring our current Friesland Office and expanding our delivery area into Columbia County.
Cole Oil Company became an Authorized Lubricants Distributor for Petro Canada.
Cole Oil Company was recognized for 95 Years of Service at the BPAMA Convention & Business Expo in Miami.
The Hi-Way Hop was re-built (with a much more modern feel) and re-opened with an attached Taco Bell. The project received a Silver Award as one of ABC’s (Associated Builders & Contractors) Projects of Distinction 2015.
Cole Oil Company purchased O’Connor Oil in Fond du Lac, acquiring an additional Fuel & Lubricant Bulk Plant and our current Fond du Lac Office.
A devastating fire completely destroyed the Hi-Way Hop.
Cole Oil Company purchased Herschberger LP Gas Service, acquiring our current Ripon Office and expanding our delivery area into Green Lake County.
Cole Oil Company acquired a portion of Fox Valley propane and celebrated 90 years in business!
Cole’s current home office was built at 310 Pleasant Hill Avenue, located next to the bulk plant in Lomira.
Ron and Karen retired. Tony, Traci, and Tom (the 4th Generation of Coles) now own and operate the business.
The Car Wash and Pet Wash were added to the Cole’s Brownsville BP location.
Cole Oil Company acquired Caves Oil Company in Mayville.
The Hi-Way Hop was built with an attached Hardee’s, which was later replaced with Burger King. This location had a 50’s and 60’s classic look that included a variety of antiques from the era.
Tom Cole, Ron & Karen’s youngest son, joined the business as a propane driver.
Cole Oil Company acquired Youngbeck Oil Company, located in Mayville, adding another bulk plant location.
Cole Oil Company purchased what is now Cole’s Brownsville BP, located on W Main Street (Hwy 49).
Cole Oil Company purchased the fuel oil business from Shefond Oil Company in Campbellsport.
The Cole Oil Company office was moved out of Ron and Karen’s home to 819 Milwaukee Street in Lomira. Propane was added to the business.
Traci Cole, Ron & Karen’s daughter, joined the business.
Cole Oil Company purchased Fondy Fuel Mart, located at 1305 S Main Street in Fond du Lac. It was a greyhound bus station, along with a gas and diesel station until 1994. The business was later sold in 2002.
Cole Oil Company purchased what is now Cole’s BP, located on Milwaukee Street (Hwy 175) in Lomira.
Tony Cole, Ron & Karen’s oldest son, joined the business as a fuel truck driver.
Cole Oil Company purchased and operated the Amoco Gas Station and Repair Business at 550 Van Dyne Road in N. Fond du Lac, but later sold it in 1994.
John retired and Standard Oil made some changes. Ron and his wife, Karen, purchased the business, which then became known as Cole Oil Company.
Ron Cole joined his father, John, in the business.
Frank passed away as the result of a truck accident while delivering fuel. John and his wife, Dorothy, took over the agency.
Announcement Date: March 24, 1940 John Cole joined his father, Frank, in the business.
Frank and Johanna Cole moved to Lomira and became the area’s Standard Oil agent. Buildings and storage tanks were located on Pleasant Hill Avenue, the current location of our Lomira office and bulk plant .